Wednesday 22 May 2013

June 6th in Falmouth...Get Yourselves There!

 One of many international screenings of A Ray of Light

Bit of a heads up for you English people, especially those of you lucky enough to live in the Cornwall area...

On Thursday June 6th, the international touring film festival, Beneath The Waves finally reaches our shores and not only will A Ray of Light be screened on the night (which it is at every Beneath The Waves screening around the world) but I will also be there in person, to give a brief talk about this film, "Of Shark and Man" and a little bit about how I ended up in a position to call myself a professional Film-Maker and Cinematographer.

The Falmouth Beneath The Waves Film Festival is being held at The Poly on June 6th and will feature films and still photography from some passionate and brilliantly talented people and, if I am correct in thinking, is followed by drinks and a chance to meet new people and discuss, amongst other things, the films on show earlier in the evening.

If you can't make it to Falmouth, I will be at Robin Hood Watersports on June 12th to screen A Ray of Light and do a bit of a presentation as part of their open night as they launch their new travel centre.

The London Eco Film Festival was apparently a huge success. Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it to the event but I am told photos from the night will be available soon.

I'm really excited about the Falmouth Film Festival, I love Cornwall and it will be the first time I will have seen one of my films in a cinema setting so it should be a great evening and one at which I would love to see as many of you as possible!



Thanks to everyone who has so far taken part in the shark feeding discussion on the last blog which, for the most part, has been a really well informed, balanced and intelligent discussion. If you know someone who has opinions on the issue and wants to discuss it away from the crazies and angry lunatics you find on social media, feel free to invite them over!

Finally, if you haven't already, make sure to get your hands on a copy of the current issue of Sport Diver and check out my five page, cover article about the experience of my final dive on Shark Reef!

No comments: