Sunday 23 June 2013

I Met Paul Scholes...


Me and "The Ginger Prince" Photo: Mrs Scholes

If you're asking yourself, "Who's Paul Scholes?" then to be quite frank, I am appalled at you, but to help you along here, Paul Scholes is one of the very small band of humans I can say I have genuine admiration for. One of the greatest footballers ever to play the game and a man who has given me more moments of absolute, sheer joy than most other people.

He's not just a bona fide great of the football world, he's also a down to earth, "no-frills," unaffected guy who I would admire for all the same reasons if he wasn't a Manchester United legend and was instead a postman or a builder.

I had the pleasure of meeting him today whilst on a filming job in Oldham and had a brief but very pleasant chat about life in general and I also got a chance to actually thank him for all the enjoyment he has given me over the years which was actually really nice for me.

I could gush about the man all day but I'll leave it at that, I've met a lot of very famous people over the years but I don't think I've ever felt as in awe of someone as I did today when I met a genuine hero of mine.

For those of you who don't know about "The Ginger Prince," here is a nice, albeit brief, summation of just some of the things which make him quite possibly the most popular Manchester United player of all time.


MKBCC8 - Paul Scholes - My Tribute by aditya_reds from aditya rathod on Vimeo.

No comments: