Tuesday 11 June 2013

Pathe News Footage of Sharks - Awesome!

Pathe News - Gotta love it!

I love Pathe News footage, it's brilliant, there's something really "British" about it but more importantly, it's a fascinating look into a bygone age where everything seemed so much more innocent, wildly uninformed and on occasion, mindblowingly weird!

Why am I talking about Pathe news? Well, if you're anything like me, you'll love watching all the old shark footage from a time when hardly anyone owned a camera and there where sharks everywhere! Yes, believe it or not, once upon a time, there used to be tonnes of sharks all around the world.

With that in mind, check out this link with loads of Pathe News shorts about sharks going back as far as 1920! It's a fascinating look at the attitude towards sharks back then, including the wartime trend of representing sharks as NAZIS and vice versa, something I touched on here on this very blog.

If you have some time spare, make sure to watch through the videos in the links, they really are, very interesting.

Hat tip to Anton Desmazeau for sending me the link, this isn't the first time he's hooked me up with some very cool stuff either, he has a very interesting blog with some weird, wonderful and rare shark stuff so I strongly recommend you follow him and have a read, if you are able to parle en Francais of course but even if you can't, he shares my love for the vintage shark films and always links some super cool stuff.

Thanks again Anton!

No comments: